Do you know how to make delicious crispy spicy and sour pickles for family meals?If not, then immediately refer to the article that we share below.
Spicy dill pickles are a favorite side dish in many meals. Today, let’s learn how to make these delicious crispy spicy dill pickles.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING SPICY DILL PICKLES
- 3 pickling cucumbers
- 3 habanero peppers
- 6 Thai chili peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 and ½ cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅛ cup sugar
- 2 tsp coriander seed
- 2 tsp peppercorn
- 2 tsp dill seed
- 2 tbsp pickling salt or kosher salt
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
PREPARATION FOR SPICE DILL PICKLES
- Habanero peppers: remove the tops and slice them in half.
- Thai chili peppers: just take off the tops and cut them down into some smaller pieces
- Garlic: take a knife, press it over the clove and hit it with your fist. That will open up the garlic so you pull it free. Then chop that into slightly smaller pieces.
- Pickling cucumbers: slice into pieces depending on the size of the jar.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY DILL PICKLES
- Heat the olive oil in the cast iron pan. Put our peppers and garlic right into the pan to let them brown up.
- While peppers are cooking, put water, white vinegar, sugar, whole coriander seeds, black peppercorn, dill seed, pickling salt, whole grain mustard into a pot and get it to boil. Then put peppers and garlic that we just browned up in our cast iron pan.
- When that hits a boil, turn the heat down to low and cover the pot to let those flavors meld together.
- Put sliced cucumber into the jar. Pour all our pickling juices and peppers into the jar.
- Put these in the refrigerator and let them sit overnight for all the flavors to meld together and we will have one fantastic spicy dill pickles.
Q&A ABOUT SPICY DILL PICKLES
How long does it take to make a cucumber into a pickle?
It takes about three to six weeks. It takes around six weeks if you put whole cucumbers into the jar. Cucumbers pickles more quickly if they are cut into slices. But you can eat them when let these babies sit for ten days. Although they do improve with age, we are not sure how they managed to endure that long.
Can I use whole cucumbers and place them into the jar instead of cutting the cucumbers into slices?
Of course, you can. But sliced cucumbers will be pickled faster and sliced pickles are easier to take out from the jar than whole pickles.
How long may the pickle cans be kept in storage? How long are cucumbers pickled to keep?
If they are kept in a cool location, they should live for around 1-2 years.
Why do we pickle using vinegar?
Acetic acid, a gentle acid, is present in vinegar. Acetic acid eliminates any possible germs in the jars and makes the cucumbers more acidic. In essence, this is how you keep the veggies from spoiling and preserve them.
How are pickles canned?
Water should be added to a canning pot and brought to a boil. Make sure there is enough space so that the water won’t overflow when the bottles are added. Using tongs, set the sterilized lids and rings on top of the jars after wiping the rims clean. Process for ten minutes in a water bath canner. Remove the jars from the saucepan and place them on a dish towel-covered counter to cool. Make sure the lids snap down to reveal a sealed container. Pickles in jars should be kept in the refrigerator if they don’t pop.
Can I create new pickles using leftover pickle juice?
Never prepare fresh pickles using used pickle juice! It is dangerous and can make you sick.